Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mmmmm....stuff from home

A bunch of you have inquired about where to send us stuff here. We still don't a PO Box because we're still trying to figure everything out but Cathryn said we can use her PO Box. There is the distinct possibility that it will never get here so don't send anything valuable. Things like ripped DVDs, candy, magazines would be awesome! In the Newsweeks we are reading, Mitt Romney and Fred Thompson are all the buzz. I think keeping the packages small will make them look less interesting. We've also heard the secret to success is to make the top layer tampons and/or pads. Apparently that really scares off would-be thieves and it's a bonus for me because tampons are hard to find and expensive here. Let us know if you send anything so we know to be on the lookout. The address is Robyn Smyth c/o Cathryn Morris P.O. Box 106028 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.

We've got lots of good posts coming up...the Olympic torch relay, the ridiculous insanity of getting our residency permits and most importantly moving out of Dar. We'll try to put up more pictures. I really don't carry my camera around with me too much. I don't want it to get stolen before I go on safari. Very selfish I know. Anyway, stay tuned!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi guys,
I'm suddenly more seriously considering thinking about a trip in your neck of the woods this summer. Are there any times this summer that you are unavailable and would make meeting up impossible? Robyn, whats the contact info for John the postdoc from your lab whose been out to see you guys, it would be good to talk to him.
Much love, Jeff

J said...

I hate getting beat to the comments on new posts. Oh well, I'll make it up to you by sending over a box of Cherokee Hair Tampons.

Cris said...

What kind of magazines? DVDs? Tampons? Candy? you like???? Let us know.
Big hug, Cris.

robyn said...

I normally go with the OBs but I've never used Cherokee Hair before so they may be far superior. As for the rest of it, just surprise us.

Kim said...

Hey Robyn, Just wanted to let you know that we enjoy reading your blog. Please take of yourself.
Jay, Kim ,Corey and Sarah

MOM said...

Hey Guys, Finally back from spring break! Actually just kidding and I'm very naughty or should I say very busy at school is my excuse for not having been back on since then. On vacation again right now in the Poconos, so getting caught up with your blogs. Take care and be safe. Love ya!

P.S. I'll have to scrounge around Old Mother Hubbard's cupboards to "find" some things to send you.