Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Six month-aversary!

We've officially survived 6 months in Tanzania! We're still malaria free but we will be celebrating the occasion with a ceremonial deworming. Yummy! In a way, it seems like we've been here a lot longer than that but I guess that's because it takes a week to do what can be done in an hour at home. It warps your sense of time. Anyway, to celebrate this great milestone, I thought I'd spruce up the blog with an interactive reader poll! I hope you all are as excited as I am! The first one is a big one. Brandt has begun the process of negotiating a contract to continue his work here while simultaneously applying for a couple of jobs back in the U.S. We've been living month to month in the best of times and day to day in the worst and our future is completely up in the air. We flip and flop on a daily basis on whether we want to stay or go. So we figured we might as well hear what our beloved family and friends have to say.

I also thought it was about time to change out the photo for one of us here in Tanzania. So now we have a self-portrait of us taken outside the little burger shack (and when I say shack I literally mean shack) that serves as Bagamoyo's take on McDonald's (it's not fast but it is real food so it's a good tradeoff I think). We've fallen about way behind on the blog but we're trying to get caught up and hopefully we'll have some posts up soon on our new life in sleepy Bagamoyo.

e-hugs,
Robyn

2 comments:

Cris said...

I love the pic guys :)
I am glad you guys are happy, and congratulations on surviving 6 months!!! May your deworming go smoothly, and I hope to hear from you guys soon.
Good luck with everything, hugs, Cris.

P.S: Brandt, I went to the PSWRCE meeting in Arizona with Peggy :)

Unknown said...

I told Lenny, for those of you that don't know Lenny he's our old black lab, about your upcoming deworming and he now feels that you are officially now part of the doggie world! ; )

Hmmm now let me see to come home or not come home that is the million $ question. The mom side missing you guys very much and coming home would be great, but having skype time together does make it a little bit easier.

On the other hand, my adventurer side wants you to stay so that I can come to visit in Feb. So I guess ultimately I'm sitting on the fence post. Ouch!!

xoxo Mom